- The original Thyrrestrup nesting box
A quality product that has been thoroughly tested.
3 settings in one box - you will achieve the following:
Nest lids in 2,45 mm thick aluzink as standard.
6-rooms - 206 or 201 cm in length
7 rooms – 220 or 216 cm in length
Cubic measures for both types of compartments is 12”
It is no longer necessary to move the animals.
The nesting box can be easily - without complications - changed to fit to your current needs. The nesting box has 3 settings, which means it can be adjusted to fit for the entire mink season.
There is room for 3 minks or 4 young female minks per box in both types of breeding boxes.
The breeding boxes are also available in type XL, holding up to 4 animals.
Selected materials of the highest quality:
- 11 layer birch plywood with 120 g of phenol film per m2
- Assembled with 48, 4x50 mm expanding screws
- Ø120mm stainless metal rings with stainless nails
- Stainless cage hook with stainless screws
- Rear panel with top edge and corners rounded off
- Lock for top lid - in top, middle and bottom position
- Top lid is in ø2.5 mm thick aluminium 1x1”
- Stainless wire - optional
- The bottom in 1/2x1” aluzink wire with massive plastic coating
- As a standard, there is room for 7 cm insulation material beneath the bottom wire in the nesting box
The bottom, which is 1/2x1” aluzink wire with massive plastic coating, is hinged onto a ø4 mm aluzink bar. Beneath the patented wire there is room for 3 cm wood chips and straw which helps regulate the humidity in the nest. Placed underneath is a 3 cm thick slanting polystyrene plate. If the minks should urinate in the nest, it slides down and spills on the floor where it is easily collected.
If you do not want to use polystyrene, you can use Masonite or wire instead.
The bottom of the breeding box is self-locking, but can easily be pushed up with the handle so the polystyrene plate can be removed when cleaning the nest.
When it comes to the 7 room breeding box, 12” wide cage doors are applied to the two outermost rooms. 11” wide cage doors are applied to the five rooms in the middle.
We recommend the use of nest plates to ensure a firm nest. Furthermore, we recommend the use of Masonite plates on top of the nest during puppy season; this makes it easy to inspect the puppies and you can observe the puppies suckle without stressing the female.